About our courses
During the year the Community Centre offers a variety of courses and activities during School Terms. In addition we have some activities in school holidays organised in partnership with the Golden Plains Shire.
We look for ideas for classes from lots of sources. These include suggestions from the community as well as courses that have proven popular in other community centres. We also deliver programs for community members who need qualifications needed for their employment and volunteer roles. We are also fortunate to have community members who are willing to share their knowledge, interests and skills and offer other courses during the year.
We appreciate suggestions for classes from members of the communities we serve so that we can continue to ensure that we are meeting your needs.
If you would like to make a suggestion or provide feedback you can use this form.
Our class categories include:
- Accredited courses: Classes offered include: First Aid L2, Food Handling, RSA
- Art and Craft: Classes offered include Patchwork, Sewing, Mosaics, Beading, Scrapbooking, Jewellery, Felting, Painting, Spinning, Sewing, Needlework,
- Computer Courses: Classes offered include Beginners, Advanced, Ipad, Photobooks, Picassa, Ebay, MYOB, Facebook/Twitter, Office applications, Internet, Photostory
- Health and Fitness: Classes offered include Tai Chi, Yoga, Circuit Training, Strength and Fitness, Karate, Personal Grooming, Prevention and Self Help sessions
- Special Interests: Activities in this area include cooking demonstrations, gardening, home maintenance, travel nights, film nights and informative discussions on various consumer and environmental topics and issues.
The Meredith Community Centre aim to provide activities to suit a range of tastes and interests. Payment for all courses is required on enrolment. If we do not have sufficient enrolments to cover our costs we may cancel an advertised class. We will refund fees if we cancel a class. 3 days notice is required to cancel your booking. Course fees are not refundable if less than 24 hours notice is given.
We welcome and encourage people of all abilities within our region to participate in the classes and activities offered at the Community Centre.
This organization respects your right to information privacy. Information collected is held in accordance with the Privacy Laws. Please contact the Centre if you would like any further information on privacy.