The Meredith Community Centre is governed by a volunteer community based Committee of Management. The Committee is made up of Members of the Association who are elected at the Annual General Meeting usually held in April each year. The Committee has a governance role and is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organization and developing its Policies and Procedures.
The role of the committee of management is to:
- determine direction and policies for the house
- determine programs, practices and processes that encourage participation by a wide range of individuals from the community
- develop and implement policy regarding the selection and management of all paid staff
- enter into an employment contract with all staff paid by the Centre and ensure the legal and
- commonly accepted responsibilities of an employer are carried out
- determine clear arrangements for the accountability, management and support of staff and volunteers.
A committee meeting is usually no more than two hours every month. Between meetings, all authority to act for the organisation is delegated to the coordinator so that the day-to-day operation of the Centre continues.
The monthly meeting of the Committee is held on the second Wednesday of each month commencing at 9:30am. We welcome members of the Community who may be interested in being on the Committee and we would consider changing meetings to the evening if you are interested in joining us.
2016/17 Committee of Management Executive:
Chairperson: Kerrie Kruger
Vice Chairperson: Paul Dakin
Secretary: Dawn MacdonaldPublic Officer: Robyn Gallichio
Treasurer: Robyn Gallichio
Other Committee Members: Johanna Klein, Joy Smith, Desma Blow, Diane Richie, Kylie Smith